Many personal auto insurance agents are more than willing to give you a price on commercial auto insurance in Illinois, but how can you be sure your business vehicles are protected properly for the best possible price?
While personal auto and commercial auto insurance share many similarities, there are many major differences.
To protect your business properly, you not only need to work with an agent who understands business auto insurance but someone who understands your entire business operations. This way, you’re covered for all risks.
Illinois Commercial Car & Fleet Insurance 101
With fleet insurance, there are multiple vehicles on the policy. But most importantly, the liability from a claim extends to your business.
That’s why it’s so important your coverage levels are high enough to protect your business and you personally from any claims–even unwarranted ones–that can be devastating.
Does this protection cost more?
Just like personal car insurance, Illinois commercial auto insurance carriers offer many discounts. Here are just some of the discounts from the commercial automobile insurance companies we represent:
- Commercial Driver’s License Discount – Available if your business requires its drivers to get a commercial driver’s license.
- Business Experience Discount – You’re eligible if you’ve been in business over three years to receive a discount on your commercial vehicle insurance.
- Multi-Policy Discount – If you insure your business autos with the same company you insure your business property, business general liability, workers comp, or other types of commercial insurance you can receive a discount. Plus, if the carrier writes personal automobile insurance as well as commercial automobile insurance, you may be eligible to receive a discount on both policies if you insure both with the same company.
- Multi-Car Discount – A discount for insuring multiple cars on the same policy.
- Paid in Full Discount – If you choose to pay your policy in full for the year, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Prior Insurance Savings – If your business vehicles have been insured for 12 consecutive months, you could be eligible for a discount.
Business Auto & Fleet Insurance Coverages
Illinois commercial auto insurance and personal car insurance are similar to some degree, as they serve the same purpose. Keep in mind, when insuring commercial vehicles; you may need to adjust your limits on the following coverage as a lot more could be at stake.
- Comprehensive and Collision
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Medical Payments
- Loss of Earnings
- Uninsured Motor Vehicle
Not sure what limits are right for your business? Then, fill out the quote form on the top of this page. An expert in Illinois business auto insurance will get back to you quickly to help you decide the best limits for your unique situation.
Illinois business auto insurance is not just important to your business but your personal life as well. Many business owners use their company vehicle for personal use.
However, not many business owners structure their business car insurance the correct way in order to provide them coverage for both business and personal use. This common error, has left many business owners with a tremendous gap in liability coverage. One accident, even if it’s from one of their teenage children, could cost them both their business and their personal assets.
When purchasing business automobile insurance, it’s important you work with an experienced commercial auto insurance agent who understands both personal and business vehicle insurance. Your need the right combination of policies in order to be properly protected when driving for both personal and business use.
As a business owner, you’ve worked too hard and too long to get to where you’re at today. Get properly protected with the right commercial car insurance package today from Weiss Insurance Agencies.
Here are two reasons to get started right away!
- It’s always great to understand and review your current coverage levels — there may be an opportunity to reduce your costs and expand your coverage.
- It’s easy to get a no-risk quote. Simply fill out the form at the top of this page and we’ll get back to you within a day with a surprisingly affordable business auto insurance quote.