We Work With Illinois Top Insurance Companies
Stay Afloat With Illinois Boat Insurance
When you leave your home and are headed out to enjoy the water, insurance for your boat, yacht, or watercraft should be the last thing on your mind. At Weiss Insurance Agencies, if it floats, our Illinois boat insurance professionals can give you the peace of mind you deserve, while on the water you’re out on to enjoy.
But doesn’t a homeowners insurance policy offer watercraft insurance? Not necessarily.
Homeowners insurance policies may offer coverage, but it’s often very limited protection for boaters. Often, excluding injuries and accidents.
To be properly protected from catastrophe, you need separate insurance for your boat, yacht, sailboat, powerboat, pontoon boat, and jet-skis.
Boat Insurance Tips
The first concern most people have about boat, watercraft, or yacht insurance, is the cost of an extra policy. However, there’s no need to worry, as the cost of a boat insurance policy is minimal compared to the protection it provides.
Plus, if you follow these tips, you can expect to save even more when insuring your boat.
- Check to see if your current insurance carrier can add an endorsement onto your homeowner’s, auto insurance, or condo insurance policy. Depending on the type of boat, you may not need an extra policy.
- Insure your yacht with the same company you insure your home with. Most insurance companies give you a discount on not only the yacht insurance but your home insurance as well.
- Know what you’re covered for. Before purchasing a policy, make sure it covers you for the risks, you need insurance for. Which may or may not include; hurricanes, theft, flood, fire, sinking, collision liability, and medical expenses (especially important when purchasing yacht insurance).
- You may qualify for a discount on watercraft insurance, based on your experience. If you’ve taken courses, had your license for many years, let us know.
- Insure your boat for agreed value. A watercraft’s worth can very quickly depreciate. However, with an agreed value policy, you’ll generally be reimbursed up to the value of what you listed on your watercraft policy. Instead of the market value, which quickly depreciates on new boats
What Areas Do We Offer Watercraft Insurance?
Our clients have boats throughout the U.S.
Since we’re located in Wayne, Illinois, many of our clients have boats in Chicago on Lake Michigan. In addition, many clients have lake houses throughout Wisconsin, in places such as Lake Geneva. Last, we help our clients with second homes in places like Florida, Arizona, and North Carolina insure their boats, yachts, sailboats, and other types of watercraft.
Weiss Insurance Agencies, Your Illinois Boat Insurance Experts
As serene as the water appears is when a storm will rear up or another boat will lose an engine in the marina and collide into you.
For the price of a few dollars a month, watercraft insurance will protect you against any calamity that occurs on the water or to your vessel.
While you probably need no reminder, the original reason you bought a boat was to enjoy it. As you know, there isn’t much better than the wind at your hair, teaching your kids how to ski, or catching dinner on a hook. But if you have to worry every time you take it out, it defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?
So, let us help!
At Weiss Insurance Agencies we have protected the residents of Illinois since 1905. We know our area, we know how residents of the Midwest use their boats, and just as important, we know the waters our clients frequent.
Complete the Quote Form below to get started. The professionals at Weiss Insurance Agencies will contact you with boat protection that will pay for itself in peace of mind as well as dollars and cents.