The planning process at the WIA Financial Group is based on asking the right questions, and LISTENING to your answers. We use our experience to thoroughly analyze your needs and make recommendations that are best for you and your family.
What to expect from your WIA Financial
You can expect your WIA Financial Group Representative to always act in your best interest, and to take every step possible to secure your financial future. Your WIA Rep will offer you solutions to help
Assess your financial situation
- Track your income and expenses
- Determine your net worth
- Establish an emergency reserve
- Establish systematic savings
Minimize your taxes
- Estimate your federal income taxes
- Develop a strategy to minimize taxes
- Take advantage of recent tax law changes
- Use tax-advantaged investments
Protect against financial crises
- Provide for your children’s education in the event of your death
- Protect your income if you become disabled
- Plan for continuing your business
- Plan for long-term care
Prepare for retirement
- Estimate retirement income and expenses
- Estimate value of government programs
- Determine how to take retirement plan distributions
Create a solid investment plan
- Make the best investment choices for you
- Plan for college funding
- Plan for special occasions – weddings, vacations, home buying, etc.
Prepare for retirement
- Accumulate and preserve your wealth
- Plan the distribution of your estate
- Minimize and fund estate taxes
Vice President of Wealth
Art Pizzello leads HRD Advisory Group with enthusiasm and optimism. And for good reason. In 2014, he founded the new company when WIA Group, an insurance and financial services company, merged with HR Dimensions, a talent management firm. Through HRD Advisory Group, Art and his team offer companies efficient, integrated solutions for the people side of their business.
In addition to extensive experience in all aspects of employee benefits and retirement planning, Art shares these strengths:
Creativity. Known for out-of-the-box thinking, Art guides his clients to discover advantages they didn’t expect.
Vision. His 30+ years of experience—and success—make Art a confident advisor who makes strategic decisions quickly.
Camaraderie. Art has a flair for turning clients into friends. He believes loyal, high-trust relationships lead to better service. “When I know someone well, I know what they want. And I know how to protect them,” he says.
Art believes in “pushing the envelope” for every client. A longtime entrepreneur, he’s driven to provide the best one-stop, integrated human resources firm in the Indiana and Illinois regions.
- Entrepreneurial leader with 30+ years of success in the insurance industry
- Earned his B.A. in Finance from Northern Illinois University
- Securities licenses through FINRA since 1985
When Art’s not working hard for his clients, he’s often playing hard with them. He enjoys boating, golfing and hanging out with family and friends. “I like to have fun,” Art says. “I lost my mom when she was just 59. That taught me to live life to its fullest.”
Art began his career with Century Companies of America as a financial service representative in 1985. As a sales manager, Art oversaw product training and sales activities of several financial service representatives, and was named “Rookie of the Year.” In 1989, Art formed his own firm, Northwest Financial Group. In 1991, Art and Northwest Financial Group were asked to join the Weiss Insurance Agencies, where Art served as President of Financial Products and Group Benefits until the 2014 merger with HRD Advisory Group.
As a strategic financial and retirement planner, Mark brings valuable perspective and experience to investors. Whether he’s leading an educational session or working one-on-one with an executive, he keeps his clients’ interests front of mind.
Mark honed his philosophy riding out the volatile stock market. “I learned that slow and steady wins the race when you’re investing,” he says. Mark founded his own financial consulting business, Klear Financial in 2010, and joined forces with Art Pizzello, founder of HRD Advisory Group, a few years later. Being an entrepreneur taught Mark the value of helping employees at all levels of an organization, from executives to frontline employees. “There’s no greater satisfaction than putting someone on the right path,” he says. Other hallmarks of Mark’s approach are:
- Independence:Mark keeps a razor-sharp focus on understanding and meeting client needs. “Every financial tool works when used in the appropriate situation,” he says. “I custom design solutions specifically for the client and his or her family.”
- Experience:An advisor who has also called on advisors, Mark is well versed in financial strategy. He puts his knowledge to work to help others. A typical tip: “Your behavior can be more important than your investments.”
- Results:Mark is known for “getting people to their goals.” He prides himself on his practical approach and his long list of success stories.
When he’s not helping people manage money, Mark spends time at his three daughters’ school and sports activities. Raising three daughters has taught him “there’s actually is more than one solution to a problem.” In his hometown of Kankakee, Illinois, he helped found the Kilbride Family Classic Run for Autism. Mark says the lessons he learned from his family play a part in his work every day. He learned the value of listening to customers from his grandmother. “When I was a 9-year-old paper boy, my grandmother told me to ask people where they wanted their newspaper and to put it there,” Mark says. “When Christmas came around, I learned how important exceptional service was to my customers.”
- Known for a unique combination of flexibility and self-discipline. “The tried-and-true principles of investing never change,” Mark says. “You don’t have to swing for the fences. Singles and doubles will win you just as many ball games.”
- Earned a B.S. in Business Administration, with emphasis in Economics and Accounting, at Butler University, where he also ran track.
- Approved in the states of Illinois and Indiana as an Investment Advisor Representative. Securities Licensed: Series 65. Insurance Licensed for Life, Health and Long-Term Care.
Securities and Investment Advisory Services may be offered through NFP Advisor Services, LLC (NFPAS), Member FINRA/SIPC. NFPAS is not affiliated any of the entities contained herein. NFPAS does not offer tax or legal advice.
This site is published for residents of the United States only. Registered Representatives and Investment Advisor Representatives of NFP Advisor Services, LLC may only conduct business with residents of the states and jurisdictions in which they are properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Not all products and services referenced on this site are available in every state and through every representative or advisor listed. For additional information, please contact NFP Advisor Services, LLC Compliance Department at 512-697-6000.